Home Viv Jude Phoebe

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Freymoyer's have gone Griswold


We put our decorations up early this year. Brad's parents were at our house for Thanksgiving and after a morning of shopping (we left the house at 4am) on Black Friday. Steve, decided that he was going to power through the day and decorate our whole house...by himself ( Brad was at work and let's face it I am just not that motivated). He started around 11am and worked straight throughout the day outside then came inside around 3PM and began putting up our tree. I think the artificial tree (yes,we have a fake tree.. real ones don't last long in our house. We don't remember to water them.) took longer than the outside lights. He forgot the first two rows of bottom branches and the room of backseat decorators (me, Kathy, Nancy and my friend Dawn) didn't realize until he got to the top of the tree. It was so funny to see the look on his face when he saw they were missing. He said "do you think anyone will notice?" We all just started laughing. Then he fixed it.
I fell asleep mid tree decorating and woke up to a beautifully sparkly decorated tree.
I got tired from all of the "supervising"... and I was up at 4am to shop. I love Black Friday, it just might be my favorite day of the year.
This year Kathy, Shelby, Steve and my mom joined in on the fun. We hit all the local hot spots. My mom & Steve we on a mission to get a $300 laser printer at Staples for $100 so they got in line at 4:30am. Staples shoppers were in an uproar over an advertised laptop that was not in stock and my mom & Steve almost witnessed a riot.. at Staples! The manager came out and said "Calm down people, This is just Staples"
Kathy and I raced to KB Toys where Fisher Price toys were BOGO 1/2 off.I scored lots of goodies for Viv.
For those of you wondering where the kids were... They were at home with Nancy and Brad until he left for work at 7:30am
We finally made it home around 10:30am, and Viv was mad that she missed out on the shopping. Which once again, solidifies she is indeed my child.
Back to our Griswold decorations....They are quite a display. Every night Viv loves to turn everything on. She is in charge of outdoor illumination.

No comments: