Home Viv Jude Phoebe

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Celebrity Sighting! Woo-hoo!

Brad and I went to NYC on Sunday to see Wicked as a belated Anniversary gift to ourselves. Good time, Great show, but the highlight of the day was while strolling around the city we stopped to look at the "Chicago"markee and had a celebrity run-in. Literally... almost ran into said celeb.

The following is a word for word re-enactment of my celebrity encounter....
Sarah: (looking at the Chicago markee poster on door man was entering) "Hey Brad, look who is in Chicago. It is "Big Pussy" (I know, I hate that name but.... it is what it is.)from the Sopranos.
Brad: "Oh, really?" (Brad turns away to look towards Times Square)
Man walking into building:"Yeah Brad, look "Big Pussy" is in Chicago."
Brad: smiles at man and turns back towards Times Square

Right then and there I recognized the mans voice. I recognized the man. It was Vincent Pastore. Big Pussy from The Sopranos. Live and in person and talking to me.

Sarah: "Hi, You are...!!!"
Vincent Pastore: "Yep, it is me."
Sarah: "Hi!"
Seconds passed. Felt like minutes. I just stood there. Star struck. A real live "D Lister" right next to me. The highlight of my day and all I could get out was "Hi"
Vincent Pastore: "Gotta go in now, cya around"

As he walked into the building Brad, finally realized it just wasn't some random stranger I was talking to (as I am known to do). Brad started to walk back towards me. The door closed and "Big Pussy"was gone. So many questions I should have asked. Like, You hate Omarosa right? Who won Celebrity Apprentice? Sopranos ending.. seriously, a fade to black? What was that?

For the rest of the afternoon Brad was on high alert for another celebrity run-in but, no other sightings to report.

The moral of my story is... when in New York always keep an eye out for a "D-lister". They are out there! Wandering the streets just like common folk.

Vincent Pastore

Currently starring in The Celebrity Apprentice on NBC

(My favorite new show. Read "Reality TV" post below...)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, I love this story. I myself love a celebrity sighting too. Did you like Wicked?

Sarah said...

Loved Wicked!
It is a "go see"