Home Viv Jude Phoebe

Friday, May 16, 2008

Someone find me a pony!

Viv's friend Natalie had a pony riding birthday party and ever since that day pony riding is the only thing that Viv wants to do. Viv has always loved animals but ponies & horses are by far her favorite. Pony bribary is now my weapon of choice. When I want Viv to be nice I tell her we will go visit the ponies. Great plan right?

Well... on Sunday we packed up to go to the park to visit the ponies only to find out they were closed for Mother's Day. Ugh! This didn't sit well with Viv and since I told her all week that if she was good she could go see the ponies I had to find a pony for her to ride or I would NEVER hear the end of it. We drove ALL over looking for pony rides. This park, that park, then I remembered that one of my friends bought his daughter a pony for her 6th birthday (For my 6th birthday I got a Strawberry Shortcake Doll...my, how times have changed) I called him like a crazy person until he anwsered his cell phone and begged him to meet us at his barn so Viv could ride. How was I going to make it through the day let alone rest of the week if I couldn't find her a freaking pony?
Understanding my desperation he met us at the barn. Viv got to help groom & feed the pony and then take him out for a nice long ride. She had the best time!




Daddy & Jude watching Viv ride

6 comments:

Amy said...

I think you should buy Viv her own pony. I mean you're down one dog, you've got the space. Maybe you could keep it in her playroom. Just throwin' it out there.

Anonymous said...

I think that picture of Brad and Jude is just the cutest. Jude has the greatest smile there. Do they have anywhere around here she can go and take lessons every week. Viv would just love that.

Anonymous said...

Where are these horses? She could do lessons at that place on Valley Hill Rd? I did that in the 1st grade.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the pony thing! Good luck!

I think we have every Breyer horse, every horse movie made, every horse shirt, figurine, and stick horses.

If it has a horse on it, we have to have it!

We even go to the zoo just for the pony ride...which we have to immediately run and spend ample time at!

Anonymous said...

You are to funny! You must have really great friends!! I had a pony and horses my whole life .Ahhh its nice not to have them now the kids and dogs are enough. Most places don't want to give lessons till they are older but you might be able to talk them into it! Your such a good sales person. We shall see if I learned my posting lesson here goes

Sarah said...

Jenn- you made my day. I love a post!