Home Viv Jude Phoebe

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life with Viv

Viv, is always asking me to go and get her things (toys, dolls, shoes..etc.) when she is perfectly able to go and get them herself. Time and time again my response is "Viv you can get it. You are a big girl and don't need my help for that" Sidenote- If I felt it was something important, something she couldn't reach or could get hurt doing I would totally help her. Come on, I am not that lazy.

So... I was folding laundry. Knee deep in towels. The phone rang. Viv was sitting on the couch looking through her Hi-5 magazine. (Viv's equivalent to my Us Magazine.) I asked her to hand me the phone that was next to her on the coffee table. She put her magazine down, looked me dead in the eye and said with all seriousness "Mommy. You can get it. You are a big girl and you don't need my help with that" and went back to looking at her magazine.

All I could do is smile and laugh.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Haha. That's great! Gave me a good laugh. She has such personality! I love her.

Anonymous said...

That is just too cute! Kids definitely say the funniest things don't they!?
Margie

Anonymous said...

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree!!!See Ileft you a comment.

love
Marc

Anonymous said...

too cute. i am loving your blog. love the things kids say..... especially when they get us back with our own words!

DembroskyFamily said...

That sounds totaly like viv. Too funny!

Amy said...

That's cute Sarah. But come on kid, earn your keep.

Anonymous said...

VIv does have a valid point there. HAHA.