Home Viv Jude Phoebe

Monday, May 12, 2008

Not by the hair on my chinny chin,chin

So...The other day I had an itch on my chin. Not a normal spot for an itch, I know but, it was there so I scratched. While deep in scratch I felt a wirey stubble of a hair. I immediately ran to the mirror. Yep, there it was front and center. A chin hair. Ugh! You think chin hair,Grandma. I am only 29(and holding) how is this happening? I got the tweezers and since it was so small I had to break out the magnifier mirror. After nicking away skin I finally clamped onto it and pulled it out. I am glad to report that I am chin hair free now. I know because I am totally obsessed now and look for it every day.
Please tell me I am not the only one with chin hair. Do you think chin hair is like grey hair. Once you pluck it 2 will grow back? Am I going to be a bearded lady? Should I just sign up for the carny now?

8 comments:

M.Gunn said...

LOL No worries...it has happened to me as well and I also used tweezers. Our secret is out together :-)

Anonymous said...

Listen, at least it wasn't a goiter. Now, that would be a problem. A stray hair is only a tweezer pluck away from being history.

Laura said...

FREAK!!!! YEA, SIGN UP FOR THE CARNY!

Haha, j/k. I've been waiting for this post. So this is why you were so desperate for those tweezers while we were on the phone the other day... needed to pluck your chin hair, i get it. haha.

No it is totally normal. It runs in my family a bit so by the time I'm "29 and holding" I'll probably have one too. However, judging by my relatives, waxing is usually more effective then plucking, but either way it returns. You may want to look into laser hair removal.

Anyway, I'm glad you're chin hair free.... .......for now. muah hah hah hah hah (my failed attempt at typing an evil laugh)
<3

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Just one hair!? I have alot more than that! I remember reading somewhere it was hormones as you get older that causes more facial hair. I call them insect hairs- dark, long and wirey, like ant legs. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I know what you are going throough-it's devestating! I go for my wax every few weeks, I find that is much better than tweezing.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Come to think of it, I have the same problem too. Oh wait, I'm a man LOL -G

Anonymous said...

love this post. and yeah i think it has happened to us all. i blame it on the hormones and i never leave home without tweezers! by the way your new site is fab.

Rascallion said...

Just one, you are lucky! I had one around your age, or so I thought. Turned out I just WASN'T LOOKING HARD ENOUGH! Now seven years later I am thinking of going the waxing route but never had the nerve to blog about it (until now-shhhhh!lol)